Saturday, January 8, 2011

"If the family were a container, it would be a nest, an enduring nest, loosely woven, expansive, and open..."

Pretty sure I am one of the lucky ones.  I have a wonderful, loving family.  Two "awesome" parents, two great sisters (seesters), an amazing husband, the tweeted nieces and nephews and 2 furry "the most-loved" four legged friends.  Not to mention the greatest Grandparents in the world!  Hey, we aren't perfect.  We bicker and poke, but at the end of the day, we LOVE eachother no matter what.  I was also blessed to gain three awesome brother-in-laws and two welcoming sister-in-laws.  I couldn't have asked for better "In-laws"!  Some go through life with a monster-in-law.  I, on the other hand, got "Mrs. D."  I must admit at first, I didn't expect our relationship/friendship to grow as strong as it has gotten, but I genuinely enjoy the time we have spent monogramming and sewing together.  Today, I won't talk about the amount of time it has taken me and Mrs. D to teach ourselves how to thread a needle, hoop a bag or monogram a name (another day, another blog).  But, it has taken us FOREVER to decide on a name for our "business/hobby."  After much thought...and critisism, "The Nest" just seemed fitting.  Most of the items we enjoy personalizing are for babies, children, mothers, families, homes, decor, etc.  All of the most treasured and loved ones that make up a family, your home.  Your Nest.  We hope that we can expand our items and creativity.  I look forward to putting smiles on faces of loved ones and friends!  Enjoy some pics of some of my awesome Fam!!


The "In-Laws" -my "orange"

My "tweetie"

Me, Mom and Seesters- "my canoe"

My Nono- "my old, solid structure"

"The Fam"

"If the family were a container, it would be a nest, an enduring nest, loosely woven, expansive, and open. If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable—each segment distinct. If the family were a boat, it would be a canoe that makes no progress unless everyone paddles. If the family were a sport, it would be baseball: a long, slow, nonviolent game that is never over until the last out. If the family were a building, it would be an old but solid structure that contains human history, and appeals to those who see the carved moldings under all the plaster, the wide plank floors under the linoleum, the possibilities."
Letty Cottin Pogrebin

No comments:

Post a Comment